Participants needed for Qualitative Study
Vanilla and Kink: Married Couples in Which One Partner Identifies as a Part of the BDSM Culture and the Other Partner Does Not.
Looking for a legally married couple:
- At least 18 years of age
- Married for at least 1 year (including open-marriage and other variations)
- Male and female partnered marriage
- Speak and write English language fluently
- One partner self-identifying as a part of the BDSM culture/community for at least 1 year and the other partner self-identifying as not specifically BDSM (including vanilla, kinky but not identifying as BDSM, etc. )
- Not currently pregnant or experiencing psychosis or suicidal ideation
Due to the limited time and resources, this particular study focuses the above specific population. Future research will include a variety of types of committed relationships, sexual orientations, etc.
For questions or interest in participation, contact:
Catherine Meyer, MA, LMFT #88224
Supervised by Hao-Min Chen, Ph.D.
Goal of this study is to understand how married couples communicate and negotiate the rules, roles, and expectations about their sexual relationship when one partner identifies with the BDSM culture and the other does not.
All identifying information will be kept confidential.
Study is endorsed by the Community-Academic Consortium for Research on Alternative Sexualities (CARAS) and can be viewed at: https://carasresearch.org/endorsed-research/rac-endorsement-r2015-05-meyer-vanilla-and-kink-married-couples-in-which-on